Answer a YES or a NO to each of the questions below. Then tally the numbers to check your Oracle Audit Temperature.
- Have you undergone a hardware consolidation or infrastructure modernisation in the last 18 months?
- Are you using virtualisation software such as VMware in your Oracle data centres?
- Do you have multiple production clones, staging areas and other test/development environment?
- Do you use a third party outsourcer to manage your IT or that provides remote Database Administration services?
- Do you have any Oracle based Disaster Recovery environments?
- Do you have Named User Licences (NUPS)?
- Do you have any old license metrics? – check your support renewals and contracts to see if you are using old UPU metrics for Oracle Database
- Have you made any acquisitions, divestments or been involved in any mergers since your last purchase of Oracle products?
- Do you provide a chargeable service for customers that is powered by applications underpinned by Oracle products
- Do you have multiplexing scenarios?
One YES : Some Potential Risk
Six YES : Very high risk of an Oracle Audit
This has been taken from an article by Madora Consulting. You can see the original at http://madora.co.uk/10-question-oracle-license-audit-thermometer/